The Symphony of Northwest Arkansas will present its 2017-18 season at the Walton Arts Center’s Baum Walker Hall beginning in October, according to a news release. Tickets for the shows at 495 W. Dickson Street in Fayetteville are on sale now.
The first concert of the season, directed by Music Director Paul Haas, will take place Saturday, October 14. The season will last until Saturday, May 5, 2018.
Single ticket prices range from $30 to $52, while season subscription prices range from $125 to $235. Children’s tickets and tickets for college students cost $10 each. Groups of 10 or more can receive a discount. Tickets for “The Snowman: A Family Concert” are $9.
Visit sonamusic.org or call the Walton Arts Center box office at 479-443-5600 to buy tickets.
Masterworks I: Tchaikovsky 5
Oct. 14, 2017 – 7:30 p.m.
– Haas, Dream
– Haydn, Concerto for Trumpet, with Christopher Coletti, soloist
– Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 5
A Very SoNA Christmas
Dec. 16, 2017 – 2 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
Listen to sacred and secular holiday favorites from the SoNA Singers, area high school and collegiate choruses and special guest soloists.
The Snowman: A Family Concert
Dec. 17, 2017 – 2 p.m.
Watch a screening of “The Snowman” while SoNA musicians play the film’s score. Tickets cost $9.
Masterworks II: Mozart & Mendelssohn
Jan. 27, 2018 – 7:30 p.m.
– Mark O’Connor, Appalachia Waltz
– Mozart, Horn Concerto No. 2, with Bruce Schultz, SoNA Principal Horn, soloist
– Satie (orch. Debussy), Gymnopédie No. 1
– Mendelssohn, Symphony No. 4, Italian
Pops: Fayetteville Jazz Collective
March 10, 2018 – 7:30 p.m.
Music from the movies, featuring the Fayetteville Jazz Collective.
Masterworks III: La Bohème
May 5, 2018 – 7:30 p.m.
– Puccini, Act I of La Bohème, with special guest singers
– Strauss, Also sprach Zarathustra