The Gateway Town Center, home to Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World and the Outlets of Little Rock, will soon be home to Little Rock’s newest movie theater, which combines first-run movies, a range of chef-crafted menu selections and a full bar.
The Movie Tavern, one of the largest in-theater dining concepts in the U.S., combines the magic of the movies with the pleasure of dining out for a fun and unique entertainment experience. Based in Fort Worth, TX, Movie Tavern currently has 187 screens in 22 locations across nine states catering to adults and families. It is owned by Southern Theatres. The Little Rock Movie Tavern location will feature 46,000 square feet with 11 screens.
While Movie Tavern has not officially closed on the property to-date, it is well into the planning process. Assuming that due diligence and plans for the property continue to run smoothly, the cinema expects to begin construction later this year with a projected opening date in 2017.
Colliers International | Arkansas is brokering the transaction and continues to market additional opportunities within the development.
“We’re thrilled that this unique entertainment experience intends to expand into central Arkansas,” Isaac Smith, Principal and Executive Vice President of Colliers International | Arkansas, said. “Movie Tavern will be one of the landmark anchors at Gateway Town Center, joining Bass Pro Shop, the Outlets at Little Rock and Dave and Busters to truly make this an entertainment destination for Arkansans and anyone passing through. The Gateway Town Center investors look forward to making this one of the state’s premier hotspots for shopping, dining and entertainment.”
Here are 5 reasons you’ll love the Movie Tavern:
1. Full bar: Want to enjoy a margarita, cold brew or glass of wine while you’re at the cinema? The Movie Tavern’s full bar can whip up the perfect cocktail for your movie-going needs.
2. Chef-crafted menu: The Movie Tavern’s menu features American classics including gourmet burgers, flatbreads and more. You’ll also get a taste of your favorite movie staples like popcorn made with real butter, brand-name candy bars and soft drinks.
3. Special programming: Guests can host private screenings, corporate events, fundraisers and more at the Movie Tavern. Some locations also offer “Breakfast and a Flick” every Saturday and Sunday, when guests can enjoy a boozy brunch with their 9 a.m. feature.
4. Great neighbors: Located in the Gateway Town Center, the Movie Tavern is close to the Outlets of Little Rock, Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World and Cavender’s Boot City. Taziki’s Mediterranean Café and Gateway Nail Salon and Spa have also been announced as Gateway Town Center tenants.
5. Opening soon: The Movie Tavern is projected to open in 2017.
Images from movietavern.com